Meatballs are very tasty and juicy. The secret of this amazing taste of meat ball is the combination of meat and bread. Meat balls are made using sweet Italian sausage and lean beef. You know what this homemade food is so yummy, I’ve ever taste. Specially, I like beef meatballs. I always try to give some easy recipes. This is an easy meatball recipe you will find. Spaghetti meatballs recipe is a very easy and time saving for you. Now, you can get fast food’s taste at home. We can have the taste of Italian meatballs using Italian sauce. To make this yummy meatball dish, you just need following ingredients. These ingredients are for 22 – 23 meat balls.
Ingredients for Meatball:
- White bread – 3 slices (cube)
- Water – 2/3 cup.
- Lean beef – 700 gm.
- Sweet Italian sausage – 700 gm.
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup (grated).
- Garlic (minced or paste) – 4 cloves.
- Sea salt – 1 teaspoon.
- Black pepper – ½ tea spoon.
- Egg – 1 piece.
- Flour – ¾ cup.
- Oil (to saute) – 1 cup.
Ingredient for making sauce:
- Onion – (chopped) 1 cup.
- Garlic (chopped or paste) 4 cloves.
- Tomatoes puree – ½ cup.
- Salt – as needed.
- Pepper as needed.
- Basil leave – 1 table spoon (finely minced)
- 500 gm.
Recipe for Meatballs
- Add 2/3 cup of water to the bread cubes and keep it together for about 5 minutes. Then mash them.
- Take a large bowl. Grate the meat. Mix the beef, sausage, cheese, minched garlic, salt, egg, black pepper and mashed bread. Mix them well.
- Make the balls about 1 ½ “size. Give a nice shape. Roll the balls in flour. A dutch oven should be kept pre-heated. Take a pan. Dredge the pan with oil properly. Add meatballs to the pan. Saute the balls until they get brown color on every sides. It may take about 6 minutes in total. While sautéing, stir the meat balls gently to change sides.
- Then remove the meatballs from the pan to a separate dish.
- You can also fry the meatballs with a gas-stove.
To make sauce:
- Take a pan pour some oil about 1 table spoon.
- Add 1 cup of chopped onion to the oil. Saute them until it becomes translucent, soft and golden. It may take 5 minutes.
- Stir the onion, add garlic paste and stir well again for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and two pieces of bay leaves. Stir them again to make sure all are mixed well. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the meat balls into the sauce pan with tomato sauce. Simmer it for about 30 minutes. Gently stir and turn the meatballs occasionally.
- The meatballs should be tender. The sauce should be thicker in consistency.
- Add chopped basil leaves and salt to the sauce. Stir gently as the meatballs may break.
- Cook the spaghetti or pasta according to the instruction are given on the package. Drain off the extra water. Rinse the pasta with cool water. Put it to a large pan or pot.
- Pour the meatballs and sauce into the pasta. Turn and combine them carefully as the whole pasta are covered with sauce.
- Grate the parmesan cheese and a boiled egg. Finely chop the fresh basil leaves.
- Serve in a bowl decorating with grated cheese, egg, chopped basil leaves, and lemon slices.